Dipartimento di Statistica, Informatica, Applicazioni “G. Parenti” (DiSIA)
Università degli Studi di Firenze (Italy)
Viale Morgagni, 59
I-50134 FIRENZE (Italy)
Professor of Social Statistics and Multivariate Statistical Analysis at the University of Florence (full-professorship).
Coordinator of the International II level master “QoLexity. Measuring, Monitoring and Analysis of Quality of Life and its Complexity” (University of Florence).
Research interests: (i) data production (in particular, subjective data assessment), (ii) data analysis (in particular, multivariate and dimensional analysis, scaling models and construction of composite and synthetic indicators), and (iii) data presentation and dissemination (with particular reference to defining a model aimed at assessing the quality of communication in statistics). Main field of application is quality-of-life and wellbeing measurement and analysis.
Author of many publications on those topics.
Editor-in-Chief of Social Indicators Research journal (Springer).
President and co-founder of the Italian Association for Quality-of-Life Studies (AIQUAV).
Past-president of the International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies (ISQOLS).
Component of the following committees:
- Scientific Committee for the Measurement of Wellbeing – BES project (Commissione scientifica per la misura del benessere – progetto BES) established at Italian National Institute of Statistics (ISTAT)
- Expert Group on Quality of life, established at Eurostat – European Commission
- Expert Group on “European Research Area” Survey, established at the DG for Research and Innovation – European Commission
- Expert Group, reviewing the questionnaire for the European Quality of Life Survey, established at Eurofound
- Global Project Research Network on Measuring the Progress, established at OECD.
Member of several international associations, many scientific journals’ editorial board, scientific committees and session organizer/chair at numerous international conferences.
Chair and organizers of several conferences.
Advisor of the Italian National Institute of Statistics (ISTAT) with reference to quality-of-life and wellbeing measurement.
Frequently invited all over the world to give lectures about indicators construction and measuring wellbeing.